Code 19 Error

timke 15:33 03 Apr 05

I have somehow "lost" my CDR and DVD Drives.Device Manager tells me it is due to a Code 19 Error,which I believe is something to do with the registry.All was well when I last used the CDR some days ago.There must be someone out there with the knowledge to help resolve this - plain english please.I am using Windows XP Pro.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:35 03 Apr 05

Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software. Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

VoG II 15:35 03 Apr 05
  Klof Ron 16:17 03 Apr 05

....says it all, but if your not comfortable editing the registery try the MS solution suggested click here for code 19 errors.

timke 10:51 04 Apr 05

Many thanks for the responses,and apologies for the delay in replying.
Have found the required Key in the registry,but am unable to locate any Filter Values.The RH Pane simply sows one file as being the default,of the type Reg_SZ,and under the Data it says "Value not set".
Hence no progress.

timke 17:51 11 Apr 05

With apologies for the delay in posting this,the problem has now been successfully resolved.The reccomendation from Microsoft was to reformatt the HDD as the Registry Key causing the problem had "disappeared".No suggestions were offered as to the cause of this.
Many thanks for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…