COD2 & Office 2007

Genius1 12:49 05 Jun 06

Having this problem (below) again. Thought I'd solved it by browsing the DVD contents and opening the setup file manually, but at the end of the installation it said installation had failed.

I have installed the Office 2007 Professional Plus Beta 2 and everything is working fine. I now want to install Call of Duty 2, but after inserting the DVD I get a dialogue box saying

'Executable 'D:\setup\rsrc\cod2.exe' had the following unrecoverable error: Couldn't find library file MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL) Please ensure that it is installed'

This sounds like a problem to do with Office 12 (Office 2007). Can anyone help please???

Do you think copying this file from my Office 2003 CD and placing it in this folder would slove the problem? COD2 worked before Office 2007 was installed.

Genius1 10:20 07 Jun 06

Genius1 10:17 08 Jun 06

Bump again...

namtas 10:43 08 Jun 06

Some information here which may help you determine the problem and find a solution

click here

namtas 10:45 08 Jun 06
  Genius1 12:46 08 Jun 06

Thanks namtas, I might give this a go when I get home.

Genius1 18:06 13 Jun 06

Thanks namtas, I have installed the dll file you have suggested and another one needed by COD2. After copying my saved games over, all is fine. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…