COD screen freeze?

QUADDRA 00:21 04 Jan 07

Hi,
Anybody got any ideas on this.
Have been using PC with no problems till now.
Everything is fine until I start Call of Duty online, even before you get into the game the screen freezes for apx 5 seconds then is ok for about 20 seconds then it does the same again.
What is strange is that even when I close COD down the PC still continues this 5 second freeze and 20 seconds of normal. Whilst writing this I have noticed that the screen freezes but if you continue typing everything you have typed whilst the screen was frozen appears as soon as the PC starts moving again so its remembering what I am typing just not displaying it at the time. I have run Spybot, Ad-aware, a-squared & avast with no problems found also Zone Alarm.
Don’t know what else to do.
Help?

sean-278262 00:37 04 Jan 07

What specification is your pc? Have you tried a system restore to a time when COD worked?

QUADDRA 00:50 04 Jan 07

Hi,
Not tried system restore yet, but have run sfc /scannow with no problems found
System Spec….
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
CPU Athalon 64 3000 (no mods or overclocking etc)
MB Asus K8V SE Deluxe
512Mb PC3200 DDR Memory 400MHz 184 pin dimm
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT
160GB Hard Drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…