CO7ft5Y in Registry

PvG 11:54 18 Apr 06

Found this in my Registry. Have searched in Google but nothing constructive came back. ANyobe know what it is and if necessary, how to remove it? Default REG_SZ then SafeDisc RefCount. Sub-directory WinXP which is empty.
Thanks.

SANTOS7 12:01 18 Apr 06

OK, after talking with one of the Experts, seems that file is most likely a legit one. Do you have XP Pro? She checked 3 boxes, all XP Pro, all of them had that file. I would leave it, apparently its important to the system, and thus it continues to reappear.
text taken from another forum so you might want to leave it

PvG 12:20 18 Apr 06

That was what I came away with. No-one seemed to really know. Will follow the advice and leave it. I have XP Home and SP2 with the latest updates, but this has been there for a while but can't remember when it got in - I don't look in the registry that often.
Thanks
PvG

SANTOS7 12:23 18 Apr 06

There is a sugestion it is linked to copy protestion
of games that are installed but it also maybe a trojan setting itself up to look like a genuine XP folder if it appears to be related to a game you have installed try the games forum for further help...

PvG 16:51 18 Apr 06

I haven't got any games installed, Ob=nly those that came with XPO. AM not a player. WHat would you suggest?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017