cnr slot??

keith-236134 13:00 25 Mar 06

Hi, i had to reinstall XP on my Medion computer and I cant get the slots on the front of the tower to work ( smart media, compact flash etc)....help

ade.h 19:38 25 Mar 06

As it's a card reader that you're talking about, it will (or should) be listed in Device Manager, so have look for its entry to see if it's a) installed correctly or b) there at all. You may need to exapnd one or two plus marks to see it.

ade.h 19:38 25 Mar 06

Or expand, even.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:35 25 Mar 06

They normally work off an internal USB connection, check device manager for faulty USB devices not recognised.

woodchip 17:29 26 Mar 06

Do you have drivers for it in Partition D:\ ????????

keith-236134 19:01 26 Mar 06

Tried everything, cant find any drivers or any faulty USB devices, think i will have to live without them. Thanks for your help.

Newuser38 19:52 26 Mar 06

Medion's often come with a Recover Retten.exe on drive E which I think re-sets the pc to its delivery state, which means you could lose updates plus any other progs installed since purchase, might have what you need to get card reader etc functional. Have you lost front usb, speaker sockets etc etc from front as well as card sockets?

DieSse 20:01 26 Mar 06

*I cant get the slots on the front of the tower to work*

What exactly do you mean?

They should show up as drives in Explorer/My Computer, even without a card inserted - do they?

When you do put a card in, does it recognise the cards contents in Exporer?

Or does it just not bring up an "AutoInsert" notificarion when you plug a card in? - This last can be fixed by changing a setting.

woodchip 20:18 26 Mar 06

I have a Medion Desktop and medion Laptop all drivers are on Partition D:\ on these two comps. Also E:\ is the recover partition

keith-236134 20:46 26 Mar 06

Newuser38, yep your right...thanx and Woodchip your also right, Great, I love u all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac