CMOS Battery/BIOS problem

Narayan Adhikari 17:46 02 Oct 07

Hi there,
My 6 yrs old laptop has got a run out CMOS Battery (CR2025) (displaying errors CMOS battery low, bios setup defaults blah blah while booting up.) I bought a new battery and replaced it. But to my surprise, the laptop won't boot at all now. When I press power button, the power LEDs just blink green once and goes away without booting up. I replaced the old battery but same thing, no luck. What could have happened and what could be the solution?
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!
Regards!
Narayan

Pamy 17:59 02 Oct 07

Replace the battery

Narayan Adhikari 18:03 02 Oct 07

Hi Pamy
I said I replaced the battery with the new one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:20 02 Oct 07

incorrectly fitted battery or new battery is duff.

try resetting the Bios with the clear BIOS jumper if you have one.

Narayan Adhikari 18:24 02 Oct 07

Hi fruit bat,

I have made absolutely sure of everything while replacing the new battery. I don't think/know if there is such jumper in my laptop, I cannot see anything like this around.

How to reset BIOS otherwise?

Regards!

Narayan

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:48 02 Oct 07

Normlly rest by using jumper or by removing battery for a few minutes.

In your case battery has been chnged, If you are sure it is a good one - boot into Bios and select the option reset to default. set the date and time. and remember to save and exit (usually F10).

cream. 18:54 02 Oct 07

Take out the main laptop battery and disconnect the mains adapter. You should now have no power to the laptop.

Press down on the laptops start button for 30 seconds. reconnect the power adapter and see if it boots.

also. If the laptap has an external vga connecter. Connect an external monitor to the laptop, is it showing the screen booting or halting?

cream. 18:55 02 Oct 07

laptap

try doing it on the laptop:))

Narayan Adhikari 23:19 02 Oct 07

Hi Percy Vere,

Thank you very much! Your advice is absolutely on the spot and it's all up and running.

Thanks a lot again!

Regards!

Narayan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…