CMOS battery socket broken off motherboard

jrb1946 12:10 05 Nov 06

IBM thinkpad 600X (2645-4EG). The CMOS battery failed, I bought a new one. Took out the old one carefully, plugged in the new one - carefully - and the socket on the motherboard which it plugs into came away (broke off) from the motherboard.

Is there any effective method for re-attaching it which anyone knows about?
For example glue, electicity conducting glue which could stick to the waxy surface of a motherboard, or cold solder, even hot solder and a steady hand or even a jewry rig which one might set up on a trip back from Mars and ones life depended on it being fixed?

My life does not quite depend on it but it not far off so it anyone does have a suggestion please let me know.
John

Jak_1 12:20 05 Nov 06

Personaly I would be tempted to take it in for a propper repair. Unless you are profficient at repair then you could do further damage.

Stuartli 12:42 05 Nov 06

click here does laptop repairs.

Fingees 12:44 05 Nov 06

You can buy the battery holders from Maplins, but you do need someone who is proficient at soldering, to remove the old socket, and put the new one in.

Maybe your local computer shop would do it for a small fee. At least hopefully,it would be done properly.

spuds 13:53 05 Nov 06

Most Maplin stores had a repair section, might be worth a visit there!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5