CMOS battery replacement

Mollo 13:28 01 Mar 05

On booting up my Viglen system I have a message saying the CMOS battery is low (presumably this means it's on its way out).
I obviously want to replace it - the info on the current battery has a little clock logo on it and adjacent to that is printed Dallas DS1287A REAL TIME followed by two numbers(serial numbers?)9126B3 and 014529.
I will also need to make a copy of the CMOS settings before I remove the remove the old battery. How and where do I get this?
If this battery is no longer avaible is there a substitute?

BH34 13:33 01 Mar 05
  Mollo 14:39 01 Mar 05

Thanks BH34
Lots of good info on the website visited! Still looking for where to buy in U.K.
The battery is available in the U.S. but I'd like to shop U.K. if possible.

BH34 15:05 01 Mar 05

Try here Mollo click here

Mollo 15:37 01 Mar 05

BH34, Thanks again however no luck this time.

Rand Al Thor 16:08 01 Mar 05

Can't help withe the battery, but to save and restore your cmos settings, go here.

click here

Mollo 13:00 03 Mar 05

Thanks for your help guys.I finally found a battery source ( and my new battery is winging its way from the U.S.A. In the meantime I've written down all the info displayed on the BIOS setup screen plus all the info in the advanced CMOS screen. Am I going in the right direction?

Mollo 17:00 06 May 05

I finally received my replacement battery (over eight weeks delivery - Lithium battery not allowed on passenger aircraft so long delay). However I've got it! Now I'm having a tough job removing the old battery. The batteries are a push fit (lots of pins on the back) but the old battery wont shift - any ideas?

VoG II 17:05 06 May 05
  octal 17:21 06 May 05

I take it this is the battery?:
click here

If it is, is it soldered in or is it plugged in?

Stuartli 17:25 06 May 05

This link details a $12.99 replacement:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…