cmos battery fail

when i start my pc it teel me the cmos battery has failed what is it can any one tell me

madPentium 19:01 18 Sep 03

motherboards contain a large lithium battery, usually a cr2032 so it can remember the date and time when the power is disconnected.
Remove the case, pop the battery out and pop in a new one with the power lead out.
You can get these anywhere including boots. Buy one first, then you will know what you are looking for on the main computer board inside.

VoG II 19:02 18 Sep 03
  pepe 19:03 18 Sep 03

A small battery, readily available, about the size of a ten pence piece. Take the back off your PC, locate and remove the battery, and replace it.

ok i see what you mean buthow will i no if i set bios up correct as they are all wrong now

pepe 19:12 18 Sep 03

Try loading the defaults, this will usually get you working. How did the bios get corrupted?

Rayuk 19:13 18 Sep 03

As the battery has run down the bios has most probably reset to defaults,after you have installed new battery you will have to enter bios and alter settings to suit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…