cmos battery

kimtrnc 15:46 27 Sep 06

Anyone tell me the spec of a cmos battery fro Aries tower system Athlon 1.8m processor without taking the whole thing apart, please? Watford Electronics don't seem keen to assist
TIA
Kim

mad1234 15:56 27 Sep 06

as far as i can tell the batteries are standard CR2032
please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but all the pcs i have come across have this battery in them

Stuartli 16:00 27 Sep 06

The CR2032 is the most commonly used battery for this purpose - has a long life capacity of up to five years or more.

In fact I've never had to replace one in the four or five motherboards I've owned over the past 10 years...:-)

Totally-braindead 16:36 27 Sep 06

The number given above is correct and you're sometimes cheaper getting one at the likes of Boots the Chemists or a local ironmongers or whatever rather than a PC shop. Some PC shops charge the earth for one, not all of them, it is worth checking as one shop here charges £2 odds the other wants over £5 for the same battery.

Stuartli 16:40 27 Sep 06

My best mate charges £1 for such batteries - he runs an independent audio/visual/appliances outlet.

kimtrnc 10:09 28 Sep 06

Thanks to all who answered. Currently live in Cyprus, but will be in England next few days for a short time, which is why I don't have time to take my system apart just now: too busy trying to organise the itinerary.
And also why I need a new Cmos ( no, I never needed one before in 30 years of computers!)The combination of power overage/underage/not at all and the dust, are both lethal.......
Do hope I booked the right flight on line...
Thanks again
Kim

Stuartli 11:12 28 Sep 06

The most obvious cause of a failing CMOS battery is that the time display becomes erratic in the Taskbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009