cmos

lobatt 18:55 31 Jan 11

Just a quickie, if the clrtc made up of 3 pins, has no jumper at all will the pc ask you to press f1 to enter setup on every cold boot because it has forgotten any settings that have been made?

This is on a Asus P8P67 pro mobo

Thanks in advance.

woodchip 19:10 31 Jan 11

If its no jumper it will keep losing settings. it as to have it on the run pins, its there just to clear settings then restore to run. Running without can blow the mobo

lobatt 19:29 31 Jan 11

Thanks for the reply Woodchip.

OMG Just bought this board from a well know etailor, noticed the jumper was missing only after 4 nights of headache trying to get it to run properly (New sandybridge setup)among other things I updated the bios successfully, I thought it was just a buggy board.
I have just been on their forum and going on the posts I found, they test mobo's before they are sent out, i'm guessing it was took off then and not put back on again, luckily I have spares.
grrrr..

User-312386 19:57 31 Jan 11

Thats unusual for ASUS, they normally put a couple of spare jumpers in a plastic bag.

lobatt 21:37 31 Jan 11

Checked the box, nothing there, but I would of thought it would be on the pins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…