BY CM USB + BY WIRELESS netgear setup

nevetsbawbag 18:31 01 Feb 07

guys,
i have had a cable modem, blueyonder motorla surfboard 5100, for a coupla yrs now (connected via USB not ehternet) and just got the wireless kit sent out from blueyonder. after figuring out that the USB connection should be disconnected i managed to connect all stuff correctly but still cant get a signal. thing is we have a fuse box for a splitlevel villa right next to it, (i.e. a major electric source of interference)and, according to the scouser (no offence - im a weegie)on the helpline he says get any cordless fones away. ok done that but the massive fuse box concerns me. its actually my neighbours *!@: im trying to set up. basically its all *physically* setup right - its the damned signal from that stupid wee dongle thing that seems to be the problem - i hear any metal things can mess with it? well who doesnt have a metal leggeed comp desk? and printer, and fuse box and cordless fone?
could the metal legs of said table be causing a disturbance or more likely tha fuse box with its massive power cable?
if any one can help pls do! we have tried *EVERYTHING*
cant find anything on the net to help and BY ppl are clueless and expensive.
cheers man

Ashrich 19:47 01 Feb 07

What wireless router have you ( they ) been sent ? And which USB adapter do you have ....

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…