Cloudfare checking browser on PCA

hssutton 22:49 25 Feb 15

What is this all about, as it only happens when accessing PCA

rdave13 23:46 25 Feb 15

Get it on my Windows phone as well. Hope they think IE is ok lol.

robin_x 23:46 25 Feb 15

Me too. I thought I'd been Hijacked.

lotvic 00:15 26 Feb 15

What is this all about, me also thought I'd caught a nasty when message came up 'Cloudfare checking browser'

rdave13 01:48 26 Feb 15

Ray ID: 1be87386b34f1383 , wait 5 seconds... , yawn, then wait for ads to load, yawn again, then lose the will to stay on.

Forget it, listen to music on You Tube.

BT 08:47 26 Feb 15

It begs the question WHY.

PCA has worked perfectly well on my browser for many years so why the need to check it now?

Come on PCA GET RID OF IT NOW!

Secret-Squirrel 09:05 26 Feb 15

"PCA has worked perfectly well on my browser for many years so why the need to check it now?"

It's a mechanism that kicks in when PCA is under attack. There's more info here. After it's checked your browser and determined that you're a genuine visitor and not an attacker it's supposed to set a cookie which should mean you only see that pesky message the once. It'll obviously need to recheck if you delete your cookies.

morddwyd 09:13 26 Feb 15

Thanks for the explanation, SS.

wee eddie 10:17 26 Feb 15

Last night, and I was on shift until 4am, it checked almost every time I changed page.

It says "5 seconds" ~~~~ more like 25 to 30, sometimes more.

bumpkin 10:21 26 Feb 15

It would seem that we are all getting it. a bit of information from PCA first would not have gone amiss.

Secret-Squirrel 10:32 26 Feb 15

"Secret-Squirrel does that mean we can infect any website by just visiting it.I don't think so."

It's nothing to do with malware Jock - it's all about Denial-of-service (DoS) attacks where multiple computers flood the website with so many requests that it causes it to grind to a halt. Please read the link I posted as it explains all the technical details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…