Closing non responding programs

Legolas 18:01 04 Sep 06

A while ago I seen a free piece of software that would close a non responding programme if trying to close it from Windows Task Manager doesnt work, I was wondering if anyone knows of this software and if so where I can download it

rodriguez 18:08 04 Sep 06

One trick I use is to go into the Processes tab on the Task Manager and click where it says CPU twice which will bring the process that uses the most resources up first. Click on that one or the process that's stopped responding and click End Process.

eedcam 18:58 04 Sep 06

this usually happens if you have error reporting enabled which means not only is the program you are using struggling but windows cocks it up by trying to make a report if you find your CPU is flat out on these occasions. disable error reporting. your programmes will nearly always close straight away on end task then

ACOLYTE 18:59 04 Sep 06

This any help?

click here

rawprawn 19:07 04 Sep 06

End it All click here

rawprawn 19:11 04 Sep 06

Sorry about the link, I found this after I tried to download.

SORRY!

Unfortunately the very useful formerly-freeware utility EndItAll2 which I have praised and recommended for years is no longer available free of charge to end users. While there are a number of copies still floating around the web for those who look hard enough due to the intervention of the Ziff-Davis, Inc legal team and their false accusations to my ISP that I personally have been providing their copywrited program, links to the program can no longer be found on this web site. Those prepared to pay for a subscription can find it available at winmag.com

ACOLYTE 19:18 04 Sep 06

click here

Enditall2 about 8th down the list

961 19:26 04 Sep 06

Doesn't it make you want to.....

Legolas 20:01 04 Sep 06

Thanks for the responses, ACOLYTE as enitall is not free might try your reg fix, rawprawn it was enditall I seen before pity it is no longer free, ACOLYTE just seen your link downloaded and installed free excellent work all. rodriguez and eedcam good tips will keep them in mind. Once again the forum members have excelled themselves.

rawprawn 18:01 05 Sep 06

Thanks for that, very handy I thought we couldn't get it free anymore

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…