closing down

ann-199314 15:04 04 Jun 04

Can somebody please advise me what to do when my computer won't close down. It just stays with the words Shutting Down and then it doesn't shut down - so then I have to close it down with the little button at the bottom of the computer and then when it comes on again the little red arrows appear and I have to keep closing it, opening it, closing it, several times until the green arrows reappear. Thanks if you can help me. I have tried closing it with Ctrl Alt Delete, but it doesn't work that way.

johnsims 15:14 04 Jun 04

I assume you are running Windows 98. Go to the microsoft support site click here and search the knowledge base for shutdown problems and Windows 98. It is well documented and there are lots of possible causes. If it has only started happening since you installed a new program it may be worth uninstalling said prog and seeing if the problem goes away.

VoG II 15:59 04 Jun 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…