Closing a browser

I have WinXP Home.Occasionally when offline I run a program called Internet Cleanup with the express purpose of removing History items.However,before I can complete the operation I get the message `Internet Explorer has detected that one or more browsers are currently running on your System.Please close before proceeding.`How do I do this please?
Does it mean that IE has to close itself

madPentium 19:13 19 Jun 05

its asking you to close internet explorer. Also, xp seems to consider windows explorer as a browser, so you should close that too.

SEASHANTY 19:29 19 Jun 05

Yes Internet Cleanup will not run when any browser is still open. I also usde this programme. Close Internet Exoplorer, and any othyer other browser you have running such as Firefox or Mozilla. Do this by clicking the X at the top RH side of your monitor screen. It doesn't really matter that much tho' because Internet Cleanup will close these automatically if you have set it to run as "Auto Clean". Just makes it a bit quicker if you shut down all the open browsers first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…