Close-down Bleeps

David G 14:23 04 Feb 03

Quite suddenly my Win 98SE PC has begun to give 5 2-tone Bleeps before it finally closes. Any ideas please. Dave

Gongoozler 09:55 05 Feb 03

David G, are these beeps from the external speakers or the internal one? If it is the internal speaker, then it is probably generated by the BIOS, and if you tell us what motherboard you have it could help us track down the problem. If it is from the external speaker, it could be that you have set Windows to give a sound on exit. Have a look at Control Panel - Sounds.

tps 12:29 05 Feb 03

If you give me your bios name i can identify what bios error has occured.

David G 12:20 06 Feb 03

To Gongoozler and TPS . The mainboard is a Gigabyte 71XE and the System Chipset is AMD 751. Thanks

Gongoozler 13:44 06 Feb 03

David G, which speakers does the beep come from?

David G 17:01 06 Feb 03

From the PC on board speaker.

Gongoozler 17:33 06 Feb 03

Hi David G. I don't know of any BIOS generated beeps that are 2-tone. Motherboard speaker sounds won't be part of the Windows sound scheme. Do you have a motherboard hardware monitor running? If you have, this could be detecting an abnormality during Windows shutdown and sounding an alarm. This is only a guess, but may be worth investigating.

Gongoozler 10:00 07 Feb 03

Hi David G, I'm pleased to see you have solved the problem. What was the cure?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…