Close all items

Ian in Northampton 11:20 24 Mar 11

Kicking and screaming, I have been 'upgraded' (I use the word loosely) by our IT folks at work to Office 2010. Cleverly, Microsoft have hidden most of the functionality I use somewhere fairly unintuitive - but I'm winning, because - slowly - I'm finding out where they've put it.

But one feature has eluded me. I often have 20 emails open at a time in Outlook and sometimes, for the sake of tidiness as much as anything, I want to close them all. In Outlook 2003, the command was 'File, close all items'. But I absolutely can't find that in Outlook 2010.

Can anyone put me out of my misery?

Woolwell 12:09 24 Mar 11

Look at Alejandro Says post click here

Ian in Northampton 12:57 24 Mar 11

Thanks Woolwell. Judging by the date of the posts, he's not talking about Outlook 2010. I just looked (again) and that option doesn't exist. Oh well... Anyone else?

Terry Brown 13:27 24 Mar 11

This article from Microsoft may help.
click here
Terry

Terry Brown 13:33 24 Mar 11

Also found this link, but it depends on wether you have admin (download) rights.

click here

Terry

Woolwell 13:41 24 Mar 11

The post said "In Outlook 2010 this was moved under the View tab, where you can find the Close All Items button."

VoG II 13:45 24 Mar 11

Works for me in Outlook 2010.

Ian in Northampton 14:03 24 Mar 11

Thanks guys. Sorry, Woolwell, I should have read your post properly. It is, as you/Alejandro say, in the View tab - hidden all the way over at the right hand end. Many thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now