cloning a wi-fi hdd on a laptop

sunny staines 17:14 15 Mar 07

made a clone of the c drive on the laptop backed up to the d drive using "norton save & restore".

on running the backup it said it could not back up the wi fi drivers. after completion of the backup which showed succesful the laptop wi fi would not connect to the router it detected the network and reported good signal but would not make a connection, disabled all security AV, firewall etc, ran repair connection, rebooted, all no joy. unistalled norton save & restore and the laptop connected straight away.
[all these problems were on using the c drive not the backup.]Any offers on advice on how to sort this one please.

woodchip 17:42 15 Mar 07

Acronis can do it as it does with mine. Just create a full Image

sunny staines 18:53 15 Mar 07

woodchip

tried acronis about 18months ago on the deskstop with a cover disk trial could not get on with it. norton "save & restore" having somesort of clash with the intel wifi centreno duo drivers or could be me not not dooing something simple but at a loss what it may be.

even tried connecting to unsecured networks in our home radius to eliminate our network set faults but will not connect to them either.

woodchip 21:54 15 Mar 07

With Acronis after loading it onto the Hard Drive, you make a rescue CD in the Menu of the Program. You can then Remove Acronis from Add Remove and just use the Rescue CD as I do to create Images and restore from at boot when you need it most. It's no good in windows if it will not start

sunny staines 03:18 16 Mar 07

woodchip

thanks for the tip. might have another look at acronis may look for a retail ver inp cworld.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…