cloning desktop

ecclesk 13:17 15 Jan 07

I have a laptop which i would like to be able use as a monitor for a media center PC occasionaly. for example if the misses is watching the TV i could connect the laptop and use it as a monitor to burn off cd's etc.

i have tried maxivista, which allows me to plug my laptop into my router and extend the desktop of the media center PC across the TV and laptop.

But i realy want to clone the desktop and the free version of maxivista only allows the desktop to be extended not cloned.

for the use it would get it doesn't warrent buying the full version, does anyone know of an alternative free software or way to do this.

ArrGee 13:46 15 Jan 07

Which graphics card do you have in you Media Centre PC?

It may be worth going to the card manufacturer's site and see what downloads are available.

ecclesk 14:43 15 Jan 07

"Which graphics card do you have in you Media Centre PC?"

Nvidia 6600GT

the graphics card is not the problem, the problem is that the laptop doesn't have a vidio in port.

multivista does it using the network connection between the two PC's.

The other option i'm thinking about is using PC duo, (which i already have), i could then just use the laptop to remote control the media center PC.

ArrGee 14:53 15 Jan 07

Or you could set up two new hotmail accounts, one for the laptop and another for the media centre pc. Log into each one then use Remote Assistance to control the PC from your laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac