Clone Program

Peter-200561 14:23 08 May 06

I have recently bought software for my work (foresty). i installed it on my computer after obtaining installation key code. When i tried to load it on my home computer it failed because its a one computer licence only, something they did not tell me when i ordered the software. Is there a way i can copy it on to my home computer with a clone type program using original istallation code. It is not Windows software and bought and paid for (for my own use)

thanks

pete

Meshuga 14:29 08 May 06

I`m not entirely sure if I`m right but I seem to recall that you can only reinstall a cloned program on the pc that it was originally on. No doubt someone will correct me on that if I`m wrong.

SANTOS7 14:41 08 May 06

I think it will have the same copyright issues as any other software that you own, One copy ,One PC.
I don't think they are obliged to tell you as they assume you are going to install it on only one PC.
If you tried to enter the licence key to a cloned prog, it is still going to fail as the licence key will not know it is a clone. Hmmmmm...
Sensible thing to do is contact the makers of the software and explain what you want to do..

Peter-200561 16:59 08 May 06

OK guys, thanks for your help.
They said i could install it on another computer if i delete it on the present one and apply for another key to install it on another. Problem still the same, one computer only.

thanks again

Totally-braindead 17:02 08 May 06

I'm not being funny but its fairly standard with any kind of software you buy. One copy of the program per computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…