Clone DVD/CD - Virtual Drive Image

redflash 16:51 10 Jan 04

Inadvertantly I installed Clone Virtual Drive and subsequently partitioned my Hard Drives (I have 2) Since then I cannot remove the icon for this Virtual Drive. I have tried by deleting Clone CD and opted not to install the Vitual Drive (twice) but the icon remains. It is just annoying.
Any ideas how to remove please. I am running Windows XP Pro.
Redflash

QQAA 17:31 10 Jan 04

Strange. I am puzzled as to when has CloneCD (or CloneDVD) added this feature into their capability.

I think you may have to amend your message contents (or provide more details) so that someone here might be able to understand your problems.

redflash 22:17 10 Jan 04

The version I installed of Clone CD was 4.2.0.2 and this gives you the option of installing a Virtual drive.
Normally if installed by error this can be deleted by zapping and reinstalling the program opting not to install the drive.
Whether partitioning the hard drive has caused this not to be done I can only assume.
So I am still seeking help.

tartanterror 22:32 10 Jan 04

have you tried system restore redflash?

tartanterror 22:44 10 Jan 04

redflash failing system restore try
click here

QQAA 05:19 11 Jan 04

so that you can get rid of the orphan drive icon and all related entries after uninstalling your (assumed) CloneCD v4.2 from your system. This freeware registry cleaner click here should be powerful enough to carry out this job with minimal risk.

Now I do remember something, and redflash is probably spot-on in his expectation that you are using the CloneCD v4.2 which has the Virtual Drive feature. But they have discarded it in the newer v4.3 maybe because they realised this is not really their cup of tea. Their well-known strength is in copying difficult-to-duplicate CDs.

redflash 17:03 11 Jan 04

Have tried each of the suggested Registry Cleanup Tools mentioned but this 'phantom' drive icon persists.

redflash 22:04 19 Jan 04

Now resolved. It was done by going via
My Computer into 'Manage'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…