Clipart on websites

Ade_1 15:38 07 Jul 06

Say for example if I put some clipart from Microsoft's clipart download site on a website and uploaded it would this be illegal or not? It may seem a silly question but I thought it would be best to ask.

Thanks in advance

----------
Aidan

ade.h 16:15 07 Jul 06

Well, the clipart is allowed for publishing - flyers, newsletters, etc. - so is probably okay for the web as well, but I can't be certain.

Naeris 19:39 07 Jul 06

I agree with ade.h Microdoft have provided it for publishing, and I've seen loads of it around the web.

ThickMick 20:55 07 Jul 06

I contacted GSP as wanted to use their clip art on website and in a printed booklet. was told this was fine and no copyright problems.

Mick

Ade_1 12:59 08 Jul 06

Thanks all for your advice. Its much appriciated :). I may contact Microsoft just in case. Thanks again.

Ade_1 14:54 08 Jul 06

Where abouts is the clipart on GSP's site Mick?

Ade_1 14:55 08 Jul 06

Ignore that i found it. Not bad £9.99 for 120,000 clipart images.

ade.h 15:20 08 Jul 06

I'd approach GSP with caution. One of my friends bought GSP's business card software recently (also £10) thinking that it was a bargain. It didn't occur to him that he already had much better software for the task, but anyway, what really put him off were the awful templates and the even worse clipart. One image was of a cartoon bear in a pink tutu!! And that was quite typical.

Ade_1 15:23 08 Jul 06

o, i see. Maybe it was too much of a good deal.
I am just looking for alternatives to using Microsoft clipart just in case its classed as copyright infringement. I am awaiting a reply from them. Hopefully it will come back and tell me its fine to use :)

--------------
Aidan

ade.h 16:56 08 Jul 06

I have used some free clipart sites in the past, most of which came from the Google Directory. Some quite reasonable ones there.

Ade_1 17:30 08 Jul 06

Ok, ill have a search. I have added to the bottom of the pages (just in case) that the clipart images belong to Microsoft. Obviously it is more formal on the site.
I dont know if this will help me at all but still. Anyways, im still awaiting a reply. I expect it will be at the earliest Monday so i shall report back once i have the message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009