Client PC cannot access internet

howie100 21:03 04 Jan 07

I have had a home network operating for some time, both PCs use XP SP2 HE. I operate the Host PC on Broadband. I have just changed ISPs from NTL Freedom to Pipex Homecall. The network still works for file and printer sharing, but the Client cannot access the internet. Any suggestions?

STREETWORK 21:36 04 Jan 07

What firewall are you using??

Strawballs 21:51 04 Jan 07

Try running the network wizard again on both machines in control panel

howie100 23:03 04 Jan 07

ZoneAlarm Pro but I have tried it switched off and it made no difference. I've also tried the network wizard again and similarly it made no difference. I repeat, the network works ok as far as file/printer sharing goes. It is just the internet access that does not work. All suggestions appreciated.

howie100 10:37 05 Jan 07

STOP PRESS - I have just noticed that when running the network wizard again, on the Host PC, it has reverted to 'This computer connects to the internet via a residential gateway...'. I reset it to 'This computer connects directly to the internet', but when I checked again, it had defaulted to the 'residential gateway' setting. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…