Client for microsoft networks

Blues Brothers 09:02 19 Oct 09

I'm having problems connecting a pc to my home network.

After much searching i've found that the pc is missing the drivers for the "Client for microsoft networks".

Any ideas where I can get them?

mgmcc 17:11 19 Oct 09

Open the Network Connections folder, right click your Network Adapter ("Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Network Connection") and select Properties.

In the General tab, click the Install button, highlight "Client" and click Add. You should then be able to install the "Client for Microsoft Networks". Make sure you also have "File & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" installed.

Blues Brothers 20:33 19 Oct 09

Ok, got everything installed as mentioned but pc won't connect to home network.
I have multiple other pc's and a print server all connected and visible between each other but this one won't play ball.
All pc's are using the same OS and AV/Spyware/Firewall settings. I've tried the problem one with all these turned off too.
I can ping each of the other m/c's via cmd prompt from the problem pc and back again but it will not show in the home network page on the other pc's and the others wont show on the problem pc

mgmcc 08:19 20 Oct 09

What happens if you type the path to a networked computer directly into the address bar in "My Network Places" (XP) or "Network" (Vista)? Use the format:

\\ComputerName\

\\ComputerName\SharedFolder

Blues Brothers 10:13 20 Oct 09

From a networked pc to the problem pc I get A warning message that pops up saying "Windows cannot find "\\comp1\SharedDocs check spelling and try again.....".
The spelling is correct

Blues Brothers 10:18 20 Oct 09

As an added note. On a networked pc, when I go to "View workgroup computers" it shows all pc's on that network including the pc I am using.
If I try the same on the problem pc, nothing shows up, not even the problem pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5