Client IP Filters

lauren2006 16:14 11 Jun 06

does anyone one know how to set the Client IP Filters on a belking routor model f5d7632-4

ade.h 17:12 11 Jun 06

Yes I do, but you'll need to give me your firmware rev number before I can advise you in detail. Please let me know.

This should have been in Networking.

lauren2006 17:14 11 Jun 06

i think its 3.01.18

ade.h 17:20 11 Jun 06

Thankyou; I'll check the manual for that rev and get back to you in a few minutes.

lauren2006 17:21 11 Jun 06

ade.h 17:23 11 Jun 06

Is it a 3000, by the way? Or a 2000 that has been updated?

lauren2006 17:34 11 Jun 06

its not been up dated and how do i find out

ade.h 17:42 11 Jun 06

Right, I've read through the closest available manual (the uk4 variant) and here's what it says:

Access control [in the Firewall section] allows users to define the outgoing traffic permitted or denied access through the WAN interface. The default is to permit all outgoing traffic.
To configure restrictive access to your computers, do the following:
1. Click “Add PC” on the “Access Control” screen.
2. Define the appropriate settings for client PC services that you want to restrict.
3. Click “OK” and then click “Apply Changes” to save your settings.

To configure the URL blocking feature, specify the websites (click here) and or keywords you want to filter on your network. Click “Apply Changes” to activate the change. To complete this configuration, you will need to create or modify an access rule in the “Client IP filters” section. To modify an existing rule, click the “Edit” option next to the rule you want to modify. To create a new rule, click on the “Add PC” option. From the “Access Control > Add PC” section, check the option for “WWW with URL Blocking” in the “Client PC Service” table to filter out the websites and keywords specified.

You may filter Internet access for local clients based on rules. Each access control rule may be activated at a scheduled time. Define the schedule on the “Schedule Rule”, and apply the rule on the “Access Control” page.
Follow these steps to add a schedule:
1. Click “Add Schedule Rule”.
2. You will see the following screen.
3. To configure the schedule rule, specify the name, comment, start time, and end time that you want to filter on your network.
4. Click “OK” and then “Apply Changes” to save your settings.
5. To complete this configuration, you will need to create or modify an access rule in the Client IP filters section. This activates the schedule for use in the “Access Control” page.

You are going to have to read your specific pdf (which is not available from the official UK Support Centre page) very carefully to see how it compares to the uk4 variant because, as you can see, you specify clients by their names, not by their IPs. I have checked through my router's config and it is as described above.

ade.h 17:46 11 Jun 06

I have just tested it and it resolves the IPs automatically once the rule has been created.

lauren2006 17:53 11 Jun 06

the thing thats stopping me is the protocol and port range its giving me 10 boxes to type numbers in and i dont know what to put

ade.h 17:54 11 Jun 06

Can you give me a screengrab?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…