Clicks with my Audigy 2 sound card while using IE

CurlyWhirly 14:53 15 Aug 04

I have had this problem for a while and I was wondering what I can do to get rid of it.
My sound card is PERFECT while playing sound from either Windows Media Player or while playing games but frequently while surfing with Internet Explorer when I click on a link or use the forward or backward page button I hear an irritating 'click' sound come from my speakers.
Is this normal?
Anyone other Creative user get these clicks?
CW

CurlyWhirly 14:55 15 Aug 04

I have had this problem for a while and I was wondering what I can do to get rid of it. My sound card is PERFECT while playing sound from either Windows Media Player or while playing games but frequently while surfing with Internet Explorer when I click on a link or use the forward or backward page button I hear an irritating 'click' sound come from my speakers. Is this normal?
Any other Creative user get these 'clicks'?

p.s. This is only a minor problem but if there is a way to fix it I would be happy.
CW

VoG II 15:00 15 Aug 04

Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Sounds tab.

Scroll down to Start Navigation and click on it, then on the dropdown arrow that will appear. Scroll to the top of the list (none), click on it, click Apply then OK.

CurlyWhirly 15:11 15 Aug 04

Thanks VOG.
I have had this particular problem ever since I bought my Audigy 2 card and I have been to the Creative website and even downloaded ALL the latest drivers and e-mailed customer support but they didn't know how to fix it and said that as it is only a problem while using Internet Explorer just try to ignore it!

So I post my question at this forum and it is resolved straight away!
What a brilliant forum this is!
By the way I have done what you suggested and I now get NO sound at all when I click on a link but it is better than having to listen to that 'clicky' sound!
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…