That clicking noise when the web page changes....

j2strong 22:43 14 Feb 07

I hope someone can help, my pc used to make a clicking noise when a web page changed or when the download was complete.
For some reason it has stopped doing it now, this did happen a while ago and i just had to tick a box but cannot remenber which box or where, can anybody help??

Thanks

j2strong

SANTOS7 22:48 14 Feb 07

To change a sound scheme or to apply a sound to individual program events, click the Sounds tab in the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties dialog box. (Click Start, click Control Panel, click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, and then click Sounds and Audio Devices.)

j2strong 19:02 15 Feb 07

Thanks Santos7, have tried the options in there but still no sound any other suggestions??

Woolwell 20:51 15 Feb 07

On Windows XP SP2:

Control Panel ?
Sounds and Audio Devices ?
Sounds ?
Select “Complete Navigation” in the Windows Explorer section
Select your sound of choice from the drop down menu below. ?
Click “OK”

This should work. The sound I chose irritated me so much I couldn't wait to turn it off.

Woolwell 20:58 15 Feb 07

Start Navigation in the Windows Explorer section and Windows XP Start sound may also be what you want.

j2strong 10:43 16 Feb 07

Thanks Woolwell it worked, and Windows XP start sound is the right correct.
I know it irritates a lot of people but i do find it useful.

Thanks again

j2strong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…