Clicking on link stopped working

Amalric I 17:00 02 Nov 06

For years now I have been able to left click on a link in an email and go to a website. A couple of weeks ago this changed. In Thunderbird, clicking on a link does nothing. In the Outlook Mail client, clicking on any link brings up a program to setup the Ask Toolbar. Just to see what happens I have let the setup complete and opened IE Explorer. The next time I click on a link in Outlook, it wants to set up The Ask Toolbar again. If I click on a link in Google Talk to get to my Google mail, nothing happens.

Links in a browser still work. If I right click, on a link in Thunderbird, I can save the link target, paste it into a browser address bar and get to the site that way. In convenient but not disasterous. However, I am completely locked off from my googlemail.

Any ideas where the problem is and how to fix it?

I am running XP Professional on an Asus sPresso with a 3MHz Pentium IV and a gig of Ram and a 160 Gig hard disk.

VoG II 17:01 02 Nov 06
  Amalric I 10:03 03 Nov 06

Thank you, VoG, for your suggestion, but IE is not a problem, nor is it in Outlook per se.

It is only the links which are embedded in email and the link on the Google Talk window which don't work any more. Any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac