Clicking the "back" button

pj123 23:10 24 Oct 03

Before this new format site came into being, whenever I read a thread and then clicked the back button I was returned to the thread title I just read. Now every time I click the back button I am returned to the top of the page and have to scroll down to get to where I left off to be able to read the next thread? Anyone else experiencing this?

AndyJ 23:14 24 Oct 03

Goes back to the thread title for me.

bvw in bristol 23:16 24 Oct 03

I find it easier to right click the thread and then open in new window.

rev.bem 23:43 24 Oct 03

No problems here.

tes 07:56 25 Oct 03

When I click the back button I get page expired, I press refresh then retry. It takes so long I don't bother reading half the threads now.

Andsome 08:13 25 Oct 03

The problems mentioned must be with the particular computers. As in the case of a couple of postings above, I have NO bother at all. For a change try right clicking anywhere on a blank are of the page, and select BACK, this may give a better result.

wint 10:06 25 Oct 03

Tried Andsome's suggestion which works.

Having whinged so much about the new design, I didn't want to complain again about the "back button" issue.

I am pleased someone else has though. Wonder what the problem is?

The problem only appears on one machine, my other WinXP and Win2000 PCs work normally

Legolas 10:14 25 Oct 03

pj123 Ok here

pj123 10:35 25 Oct 03

Thanks for the comments. Looks like a couple of us have the problem, but most don't. Now trying Andsome's suggestion, will see how it goes.

pj123 11:47 25 Oct 03

Been using Andsome's system now for hour and half. Seems to work, will stay with it. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…