clickfree backup

Daiol 20:15 21 Nov 10

Does anyone have this product?.Thinking of getting one as a xmas prezi for yours truely,If anyone has got one can they tell me if it does what it says on the box,Are there anything I should look out for is it complicated to setup and auto backup once setup etc.
I'm going to use it on an xp pro pc.
Thanks

click here

mr gee 21:10 21 Nov 10

if you can put it into a usb port you can use it .easy peasy no backup or computer knowledge needed

northumbria61 22:47 21 Nov 10

I have seen it on QVC many times. It really is the easiest form of "backup" although not the cheapest. They come in different size hard drives and are available from many different sources. You can backup many different computers onto this one drive - only limited by disc space available (it takes a lot of files to fill a 1TB drive)

You can watch a Video presentation of it on QVC - this particular one is the 1TB version - it is regularly seen on QVC with 3 easy payments.
click here

Note :- This system will in not back up an entire hard drive but will only back up user files not system files. If you have a catastrophic failure of your computer this product will not be able to restore your operating systems.

Daiol 15:28 22 Nov 10

Well thanks all for the info.
northumbria61,I did understand that it will only backup up my documents etc,Not the whole of my C drive.Anyway I decided to give it a go,as you know with qvc you get a 30day trial,so it came in the post this morning seems to be working fine the only thing that I noticed once I set the backup time to start at a specific time ie 0930hrs,It does so but maybe later on it seems to run again??,Not sure about that part yet.
We will give it a run for the money.
Thanks,daiol

northumbria61 16:29 22 Nov 10

From QVC (extended period) - you have until 25th January to try and return if not wanted.

I think you will find that it backs up automatically in addition to scheduling so I think what you are seeing is the "auto" function - ie: it senses any changes and keeps it "up to date.

It looks a nice bit of kit! Let me know how you get on with it please. (It's on my wish list - must remember to send my note up the chimney)

Daiol 18:17 22 Nov 10

northumbria61

I sure will keep you posted,Might even send you a pm,
d.

northumbria61 20:13 22 Nov 10

Might even send you a pm,
d.

That would be good. Look forward to hearing your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…