Clickfree automatic backup

lilythepink 19:40 25 Jan 09

Bought this to free up space from my laptop. Why can someone tell me does it not start up immediately when I plug the usb in?
it did it the first time on my other computers.

MAJ 19:45 25 Jan 09

I have never used it, but try going into it's options and see if there is a setting to start it automatically when it detects a drive has been plugged into a USB port.

MAJ 19:49 25 Jan 09

"I am running Windows XP/Vista and I plugged the device into my PC as instructed but nothing happens. How can I get it to work?"

Make sure that the device is plugged directly to your PC/Notebook
(if it is a desktop, please use the ports in the back).

Once connected wait 1 minute to confirm the application did not start.

Open your "Windows Explorer" or "My Computer" and check to see if you have both Clickfree_System and Clickfree_Storage. Please note that if you have any "mapped" drives they may cause issues for our drive to mount if they are set to the next logical drive letter (Please refer to the Mapped Drive question in our FAQ).

Double click on the Clickfree_System drive or browse into the Clickfree_System contents and double click StarterOfficeGuardian.exe (both methods are a manual way to start the Clickfree application).

If the Clickfree application starts and completes a backup, then you have Autorun disabled on your machine.

FOR XP USERS:
To re-enable Autorun you have to go and download the official Microsoft Windows XP Autorun Repair Wizard. click here Please follow the steps outlined by Microsoft on how to use this repair tool.

FOR VISTA USERS:
To re-enable your Autorun you will have to go to your control panel and select Autoplay and set its settings all back to default. Please note the Restore Defaults button in the Autoplay window is located at the lower left hand corner.

lilythepink 20:01 25 Jan 09

Have done that on Vista, and I can't see a button for set back to default. But have now got it, that when I plug it in, it throws up the autoplay box, and I jst clicked it and away it went....
It should though start automatically and back up.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…