Clicker CY I need help with a Bug on my PC?

Ex plorer 13:28 26 Feb 07

Hi I had Clicker CY on my PC about three weeks ago I found it and deleted it straight away.
It shuts my PC down after I tried to log onto my user Page.
This keeps coming back as my PC shuts down at any time, once it shuts it down I cannot get past my clicking on to my username.

Odd thing is once I restart my PC the welcome screen will stay on indefinitely.
If I click my user name say straight away or Waite 30 seconds or two minuets before clicking my user name it will run windows for that amount of time and then shut down. I have to leave the PC for 12 hours before it runs correctly.

If I run A Squared or my Trojan ware it will shut down the PC within seconds of starting any AV when this accurse but its ok at any other time.
I have XP fire wall running.

I have tried it with the internet disconnected and it makes no difference.

At first I thought my PC was over heating not so as the problem persists with the sides off.
I tried to run Win XP to do a repair but it wont kick in it just goes to the welcome screen
I do boot it from a fresh start.

I want to delete as many programs as possible from the start up menu what should I not remove.

uesquebeathus 16:43 26 Feb 07

Have you tried to run your anti virus tools in safe mode, start up the computer then keep tapping the F* key then select safe mode, then run each tool A squared will find and clean out better as will any anti virus product.

skidzy 17:00 26 Feb 07

uesquebeathus means tapping the F8 key on startup.

Another thing you could try that is debateable,is turn off system restore while in safe mode,Run your Antivirus and reboot and enable system restore.

Turning off system restore is for some a debate in whether or not the bug sits in a restore point,this has been proven in the past to help some.Though beaware you will LOSE all restore points.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…