Clicked on the Canon Popup.

pj123 14:09 24 Dec 05

I clicked on the Canon Popup and was offered a chance to get a photo print of my choice.

I uploaded a digital print and got a print back today. It was printed on the Canon Pixma MP170 MFD.

Although, being a professional photographer, I thought it was a bit too yellow and too light but nevertheless quite impressed. I have 2 Epson printers an 895 and an R200. My 895 is now looking to be retired and I have a Canon standalone copier but it only copies in BW.

For around £80 the Pixma MP170 click here looks like a good replacement to me. Can't find any compatible ink prices yet but maybe because this is a new printer.

fullyfitted 18:08 24 Dec 05

Hi pj123,

I don't know the Canon Pixma MP170 MFD. but I bought a Pixma 4000 from Comet for about £80. I've had it for about 4 month and so far I've been very impressed.

However this is a replacement for a five year old Epson which gave sterling service but alas eventually old age caught up with it so I guess anything a bit younger would be an improvement.

Suggest you get on to Choice stationery and suggest they source the cartridges you need, they are always looking for new products

FF

bluto1 21:36 24 Dec 05

pj123,
fullyfitted`s advice re Choice is sound. give it a go. A very happy Christmas and a great New Year

wilco33 10:08 25 Dec 05

I clicked on the Canon link too..in order to close it & was instantly booted out of PCA website & also my browser (avant)& found myself staring at my blank desktop!!Disabled flash animations in browser & that did the trick...LOL.

pj123 14:30 25 Dec 05

bluto1, agree. fullyfitted, I talk to Paul Andrews (MD of Choice Stationery) quite often.

He advises me that it takes at least 6 months from when a new printer is released to when his company can get compatible cartridges out. It can take longer due to copyright/patent issues.

That is why Choice have now got their own system for ink cartridges (cost a bit more, but at least we know they are going to be available).

They will become available in the future, but not right now.

pj123 14:51 25 Dec 05

Just checked the spec on the Info sheet that Canon sent me along with my printed photo.

Cartridges listed as: black PG40 and colour CL41.

So not separate colour cartridges then. That is a step backwards. Looks like I have changed my mind and won't be going for a Canon printer.

fullyfitted 16:47 25 Dec 05

pj123,
As I said I don't know the Spec for that printer but I would not blow Canon out without further investigation. I chose a Canon because of recommendation by friends , members of this forum and reviews in PCA magazine and Which,

What finally swung it for me was five seperate ink cartridges and a replaceable print head.

But you are paying for it and you will be using it so the choice is yours,

Good hunting

pj123 13:22 03 Jan 06

I will tick this as resolved now as it wasn't really a Help problem, just a comment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…