click on link AOL freeze

brynstlw 10:28 25 Jul 03

Hi
When I open AOL email I read it, then I click on link on then email to go to a website, I get a blank page and AOL freezes up, I then have press on Ctrl+Alt+Delete then restart AOL anyone help

Regards
Bryan Stilwell

Djohn 10:37 25 Jul 03

From the AOL help site. It is possible that IE is responsible as AOL uses it to access the www. Regards. j.

==============================================

If Internet Explorer is corrupted it can cause problems accessing Web sites. It is not always possible to repair Internet Explorer but you could try the following steps to see if it helps (Please note: you must have updated Internet Explorer since installing it to see it on the Add/Remove programs list.):

1. Close all programs down then click Start, Settings and Control Panel. (Windows XP users, click Start and then Control Panel.)
2. Double-click on the icon called Add/Remove Programs.
3. Look for 'Microsoft Internet Explorer X.X and Internet Tools' - where X.X is the version number, for example 5.5 or 6.0.
4. Select it and click Add/Remove (Windows XP and Windows 2000 users, click Change/Remove.)
5. Select the option for Repair Internet Explorer and press OK and then Yes. Click Yes to restart your computer.
6. If this does not work, fails to repair or the option to repair is not available you could try installing Internet Explorer from another CD.

brynstlw 18:18 25 Jul 03

Hi When I open AOL email I read it, then I click on link on then email to go to a website, I get a blank page and AOL freezes up, I then have press on Ctrl+Alt+Delete then restart AOL. I have:
XP2000 I have AOL8 and Broadband has anyone had this problem.
anyone help

Regards Bryan

Aol Hater 18:33 25 Jul 03

all of you using AOL should ditch it now

spikeychris 18:38 25 Jul 03

Nice to see your educated informative helpful comment.

Aol Hater 21:50 25 Jul 03

for your information, if you do a search for AOL in the forum you will see endless people with problems to do with AOL.

1. it is an educated comment (having used AOL my self and having alot of friends who used it) i am fully educated on all the problems AOL causes.

2. it is helpful, because if these people were not with AOL then they would not have these problems

so thanks for the praise!

Djohn 21:56 25 Jul 03

I think you would be very surprised as to just how many forum users, including myself use AOL. Have no problems at all, and are well pleased with the way it does it's job. I too have tried many ISP's in the past, all of them good, to excellent. Regards. j.

Djohn 22:03 25 Jul 03

As we discussed in your mail to me, I know you have removed the M/S update that's caused many problems to other users of the forum. I think now you need to remove IE6 completely, then re-install again. IE itself can often be the cause of a problem concerning AOL when connecting out to the web. J.

spikeychris 11:23 26 Jul 03

"for your information, if you do a search for AOL in the forum you will see endless people with problems to do with AOL" >>> don't have to as I see most of 'em coming in live.

"it is helpful, because if these people were not with AOL then they would not have these problems" >> Friday night I know but one of daftest things I've seen in print for quite a while.

Glad I pulled the plug early last night as I wouldn't have been able to keep up with this highbrow intellectual debate..

VoG II 11:33 26 Jul 03

Try a repair of IE

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

Aol Hater 09:49 27 Jul 03

muppet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…