Click here links sizing window

rawprawn 13:00 22 Dec 10

I want to resize the window that opens when I use a link, I can resize it but I can't move it (It's stuck to the top of the screen) and when I next use it it's back to the size it was.
Any ideas?
RP

rawprawn 13:01 22 Dec 10

Sorry IE 9 Beta

Sea Urchin 14:10 22 Dec 10

Don't know whether this will help with the window being stuck at the top of the screen - but it's worth a try - the window should stay the same size

To open new IE windows full size

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer that are currently open, except for one.

2. Right click a link on the web page and select Open in new window.

3. Close the first instance of the browser that was originally open using the “X” in the top right-hand corner.

4. Resize the existing window by dragging the top and sides until it is full screen again.

5. Click the “X” in the top right-hand corner while holding down the Ctrl key.

The next time you open your browser, the window will once again appear full screen.

rawprawn 15:11 22 Dec 10

OK after some problems but following your advice, I have changed the size and shape of the window that opens in a link.
I have moved the window down from the top of the screen but I can't move it again although as before I can resize it.
At least it is now opening in a decent size which is showing what I need in a smaller linked page.

rawprawn 15:16 22 Dec 10

Is it normal not to be able to move the link window around the screen?

Sea Urchin 15:42 22 Dec 10

In a word - no. I've not come across that before, but probably somebody here will know???

rawprawn 15:47 22 Dec 10

OK thanks, have a great Christmas. I don't think I will be going down to the beach this year!

rawprawn 15:50 22 Dec 10

Thinking about it, it could just be a glitch in IE 9. It is Beta after all.

Sea Urchin 15:51 22 Dec 10

Nor me!!!

Have you tried using Alt+Space - select Move and then your up and down arrows? Click title bar when you reach required position.

Sea Urchin 15:51 22 Dec 10

Sorry - cross posted

rawprawn 15:59 22 Dec 10

No Alt+ Space doesn't help. In fact the whole link window seems unresponsive, it takes 3 or 4 times clicking on the red cross to close the link window but the normal window is fine.
I have now changed the Tab Settings to open in a new window, and that seems OK but of course it is a full window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…