Click here links to other sites.

frybluff 12:02 PM 06 Jul 12

I know it's basics, and you may think me really thick, but how do you actually do a simple "Click here" link on the site?

Appreciate it's one of those "easy when you know how"'s, but if you don't ...

Many thanks.

northumbria61 12:10 PM 06 Jul 12

Are you wanting to insert a link on PCA site for others to see?

frybluff 13:30 PM 06 Jul 12

Yes. eg to tech specs on a manufacturer's site, or to a good place to buy, or to a similar discussion elsewhere.

Nontek 16:05 PM 06 Jul 12

When I do it, I highlight the URL then go to Edit>Copy. I then come here and click on the Globe, a URL line opens up and I then Click on it and on Paste. Click OK and you are done. Change the highlight to click here

click her

KRONOS the First 18:18 PM 06 Jul 12
  KRONOS the First 18:19 PM 06 Jul 12

Which as you can see is very untidy and then of course some links will not post either way as they are classed as spam.

morddwyd 19:52 PM 06 Jul 12

Highlight the address bar, right click copy, paste into message ..

Like this

Don't know what the globe is that was mentioned.

ams4127 19:52 PM 06 Jul 12

I find it better when the "Enter Link Description Here" box to enter a logical name ("PCA Forums", or whatever), rather than just "Click Here".

Though as long as it works, I don't suppose it matters.

ams4127 19:54 PM 06 Jul 12

The Globe is on the top line in the reply box, next to "Bold" and "Italic"

frybluff 20:36 PM 06 Jul 12

Thanks guys. Knew it would be an "easy when you know how". Tried to use paste, a while ago, but didn't seem to work. Perhaps, as Chronus suggests, it thought I was selling "pork luncheon meat."

To be honest, never even spotted "the globe", let alone known what it was for!!

If you get a post, from me, in next couple of days, with link that doesn't work, at least you'll know I'm trying.

Thanks again.

Nontek 21:03 PM 06 Jul 12

Thanks for your feedback - we will all be watching!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November