Click here. How ?

tonyx1302 12:08 25 Jan 06

I have just responded to a post ( faulties update Sec Update ), where I recommended going back to one of my previous posts dated 16/1/06. I had the same problem recently and it was sorted out for me. The problem is I don't know how to insert and high light the 'click here' option to a previous post or reccomended web site etc so members can use the option. Does all this make sense ?

Tony

rmcqua 12:10 25 Jan 06

Web site link is easy - just copy and paste the web site address into the text of your post.
I'm not sure how to do the link to a previous post.

PaulB2005 12:10 25 Jan 06

Just type the address in and it'll change by magic.

PaulB2005 12:11 25 Jan 06

Right click the blue Click Here and select copy shortcut. Then paste that into the new thread.

I think that what you want.

PaulB2005 12:15 25 Jan 06

To insert the link to a previous post just right click the title on the forum list and select Copy Shortcut or copy the page address from the Address Bar and paste in the thread.

tonyx1302 12:33 25 Jan 06

Thanks PaulB2005 but I'm having one of my daft days. I did as you suggested,went back to one of my previous posts and right clicked on post title. Clicked on Copy S/cut then went back to insert in a new message by clicking paste and I get 'click here etc etc not the post title.

Tony

PaulB2005 12:53 25 Jan 06

Sorry. If you want to link to another thread then find that thread and either copy the address from the address bar and paste into the new thread or if you are looking at the list of threads in a helproom you can right click the link that takes you into the thread and Copy Short Cut.

PaulB2005 12:58 25 Jan 06

Copy from the address bar like this - click here whilst in the thread you wish to link to.

Copy from the forum list like this -

click here then paste the result in your new thread....

PaulB2005 12:58 25 Jan 06

Second link should be click here

tonyx1302 13:59 25 Jan 06

Thanks PaulB2005. Have been trying your suggestions re. your posts and have at last understood and now know how to solve the problem

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…