'Click' here feature

redbarron 10:00 11 Jan 08

When you place a web address on this site it automatically hides it and replaces it with a 'CLICK' here link to that web site instead.

I would like to how to do this please. As a web site I use does not allow full web addresses to be displayed. But I have seen the 'CLICK'web link feature used.

Thanks.

Stuartli 10:03 11 Jan 08

It doesn't actually truly "hide" the web address - if you hover your mouse cursor over the link it reveals the URL.

redbarron 10:08 11 Jan 08

Hi.

That's not a problem. As long as the web site cannot recognise a www. it doesn't matter. And this particular site doesn't.

Basically, all I want to know is how I create this link.

anskyber 10:21 11 Jan 08

It's not done by you but instead by the site itself. there is a facility in outlook which does it but I am not aware of a facility to transpose to a third party site.

Technotiger 10:34 11 Jan 08

To insert a click-here link ....

Highlight the URL in the address bar at the top, then go to Edit, then click on Copy.

Then in this Message Box - right-click to show cursor, then left-click and Paste.

Or - simply type the URL in this Message Box (Caution - beware very long URL's as they can cause parts of the Thread to un-readable as they over-run the right-hand edge of the page when you click on Post Response.)

Click on Post Response at bottom of this Message Box, and your link will show in the Thread.

To 'hide' the URL when the link is hovered over, use Tiny URL. click here this also prevents the out-come, as per the Caution note above.

MAJ 10:34 11 Jan 08

It depends on the site and what they allow. Most sites use something like:

[url=www .pcadvisor .co.uk]PCAdvisor Link[/url] (without the spaces I have inserted)

That will turn the text "PCAdvisor Link" into a hyperlink the same as out "Click Here".

MAJ 10:37 11 Jan 08

"out"......... should read .......... "our"

redbarron 10:49 11 Jan 08

Tried that but it didn't work.

To be more specific. what I am trying to do is create a link from 'MyFuji' photo web page to my 'Flickr' photo web page. It's easier for people to just 'Click' and go straight to the web page than copy and paste the web address.

There must be a way, as others on the Fuji site use this 'Click' feature. Which is, by the way the Fuji photo site.

johnnyrocker 10:52 11 Jan 08

i think there is a mix up here one would have to use a different method than that applied here, perhaps if you explained how and where you are trying to put this link as you may have to use a hyperlink feature,

johnny.

redbarron 10:56 11 Jan 08

Hi Johnny.

Please see my message above yours. Hope this explains things a bit better.

johnnyrocker 11:03 11 Jan 08

it does not i am afraid, are youtrying to do this in a letter, e mail, website, or what.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…