click here

powerless 14:07 21 Dec 03

To make a "click here" appear in your post all you have to do is enter the address [or URL]
of the website that you wish people to see into your post.

If the website address is small then you could just type it into your post but the easiest way is to simply copy the address
and then paste the address into your post. Simply copy the address from the address bar in your Internet Explorer.

An example: h t t p : / / www . pcadvisor . co . uk

[I've added the spaces on purpose just for the example]

So the address will become:
click here [spaces removed]

However there are two exceptions:

An Address that contains a @ or is just very long can become coruppted and so it makes a mess of the "click here". The easiest way is to use an address shortner for example
click here or click here
These two sites will shorten the link and you will have to copy and paste the shortened link into your post.

Microsoft Knowledge Base links: whilst a "click here" will be displayed the full address will be corrupt and so the the webpage that you wish people to see will not be seen because of this. Forum Regular VoG has talked about this
and so click here for instructions on how to post a correct link.

For the benefit of: New members

PCA search Keywords: how, do, i, post, a, click, here, make, generate, get

:-)

spikeychris 14:40 21 Dec 03

God bless ya Mr P for elpin all them new people.

holly polly 14:45 21 Dec 03

excellent advice as allways ,come to expect nothing less from ya powerless-regards-hol pol...

powerless 17:00 21 Dec 03

Thanks babes!

spud 23:27 21 Dec 03

cheers mate,if you and vog left this forum nothing would get solved!

VoG II 23:35 21 Dec 03

Thank you very much! However, you are exaggerating.

You meant to say "If VoG left ...".

No, seriously, everybody on this forum has something to offer and that's what makes it the brilliant site that it is.

spud 23:57 21 Dec 03

Ha Ha lol

Nellie2 08:15 22 Dec 03

Thank you Powerless... I'm going to put this in 'my postings' for future reference. :)

Djohn 08:17 22 Dec 03

Many thanks junior! ;o)

powerless 08:33 22 Dec 03

I would now be grateful if we would not link to this page and you could direct anyone who is unfamiliar of the working of this forum to click here

Jester2K 08:51 22 Dec 03

So how DO you make that blue Click Here thingy??

;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…