C/Less Mouse & XP Locking up

driving man 22:51 01 Dec 05

I have a Belkin cordless mouse and keyboard. For some reason XP kept locking up completely. I checked fan and temperatures (All OK) and then for no reason at all removed batteries from mouse and plugged in the old PS2 mouse. The mouse and sender still attached. Now all seems ok.
MY question is why did it happen --- I thought driver conflict, but drivers are still there and I assume still conflicting even when the mouse batteries are removed. Any thoughts please to guide me if this isn't the real reason or solution.
Regards to all

Chris

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:43 02 Dec 05

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

driving man 10:45 02 Dec 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\ everything OK except No.6 not checked yet. I believe there is a program to scan a PC, check for all updates needed and give addresses where updates can be found. Do you know of it and if so a link would be great
Regards, Chris

driving man 09:27 03 Dec 05

bump -------

driving man 09:50 03 Dec 05

This question has been in forum long enough. Not many real answers have come up so I will mark this as resolved

Taff™ 09:53 03 Dec 05

Try click here There are other one`s but this should get you started.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…