Clearing unused rows and columns in excel?

ShorN 10:42 21 Sep 05

Ive created a spreadsheet and when i was putting in borders etc i dragged the cursor too far and created more rows and columns than i need.

e.g. i am currently only using 30 rows and I can drag the verticval scrollbar down to row 5380!

Is there any way i can delete these rows to make the spreadsheet smaller?

Thanks in advance!

Jackcoms 10:47 21 Sep 05

Why do you need to make it smaller?

You need only look at the 30 rows you are using and Excel will only print those rows/columns where data is entered.

ShorN 10:54 21 Sep 05

Its just a personal annoyance!
I like to keep it tidy!

Taff36 11:02 21 Sep 05

If you want to get rid of the formatting select the last column or row by clicking on the row/column number/letter, then scroll to the first and hold down the shift key whilst you select that row/column. This should select (Highlight) everything in between. Then go Format>Cells then Borders tab and select none.

ShorN 11:05 21 Sep 05

Thanks for the advise Taf but I actually want to get rid of the cells

Simsy 11:16 21 Sep 05

You may find that the best way to deal with this is to copy the range you want and paste it into a new spreadsheet, then delete theoriginal.

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 12:02 21 Sep 05
  ShorN 23:26 16 Nov 05

thanks for the help - will try these methods tomorrow!

VoG II 23:01 18 Nov 05

ASAP Utilities click here has an option to reset the last used cell.

Look forward to a response in January.

johnnyrocker 23:25 18 Nov 05

easier to click undo or is it too late?

johnny.

ShorN 23:26 20 Nov 05

Thanks for that, the add in from the MS website worked fine.
See didnt take that long to respond! :)

seriously, you have helped with all of my excel queries Vog, and I do appreciate it, its just hard sometimes to get back onto the web at work!

Thanks again and to everyone else, this site and its members continue to come trumps!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…