Clearing a Trojan Virus

Willowside 16:38 10 Jul 09

HELP,HELP,HELP please could someone advise me on how to rid my laptop of a trojan virus (I'm a complete novice)the name of it is :-

Trojan.Win32.Agent,azsy

Thanks for your help

Technotiger 16:40 10 Jul 09

Download, install and run this click here

Willowside 16:45 10 Jul 09

Thanks for your quick response, the only trouble is when I try to go onto the internet it blocks the site but I will try

Technotiger 17:05 10 Jul 09

OK - re-start your computer and during the re-start keep repeatedly pressing F8, this should take you into Safe Mode with Networking. You should then be able to follow my earlier advice.

Willowside 17:12 10 Jul 09

Managed to download the software but it won't allow me to open it. It comes up with spyware Application has encountered a problem and needs to close

Technotiger 17:36 10 Jul 09

You should be able to run the software in Safe Mode.

Technotiger 17:59 10 Jul 09

In case you need it ... click here

birdface 18:11 10 Jul 09

Your click here will not open for me.But My A Squared stops a lot of sites from opening.
probably just my problem.
I believe that I tried that site earlier and had the same response.
Nothing to do with the click here but anybody doing a search for Win32.Agent,azsy beware there are a lot of rogue sites out there so you will need some browser warning programs like McAfee Site Advisor or WOT installed to give you a little warning of bad sites.

Even opening a good site I then got a warning from WOT and got out fairly quickly.

Technotiger 18:18 10 Jul 09

Hi, assuming you are referring to my second link above - I have opened it several times without any problems.

Technotiger 18:19 10 Jul 09

BTW - I don't like A2, tried it once not so long ago on a different PC

Willowside 18:29 10 Jul 09

managed to use the F8 button and put he computor in safe mode then carried out the next stage pressed enter then all the window operating formulas came up then ..........nothing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…