Clearing template

TURNIPS 14:06 21 Dec 03

I am using Windows XP - Home Edition. When using the PROGRAMS feature of the Works Task Launcher, whenever I click "Start a blank Word Processor document" the template for my letterhead always appears. How can I correct this without losing my letterhead template?

VoG II 14:29 21 Dec 03

Sounds as though your letterhead template has been saved as NORMAL.DOT - the default template.

Firstly make sure that you have a copy of your letterhead template safely stored and not called NORMAL.DOT.

Then do a search for NORMAL.DOT - you will need to enable searching for hidden files and folders. Then rename it to NORMAL.OLD.

Indigo 1 14:32 21 Dec 03

Save your template with 'save as' give it a name you recognize such as "leterheadtemplate" (no spaces works best) then when you start your new letter or template use 'save as' again but give it a different name.

PS make sure you save them where you can easily find them again ie make a new folder for them.

TURNIPS 21:33 22 Dec 03

My sincere thanks to both VoG and Indigo 1 for getting me out of a hole. I'm greatly relieved

Turnips

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…