Clearing out webspace? Help!

spider9 12:14 30 Apr 05

A beginner, I used a Serif PagePlus8 package to design a simple website (10 pages)and uploaded it OK.
A few days later, after the inevitable changes required, I uploaded the 'new' version. But when I go to the site now pages 1&2 are fine, but pages 3 onwards are the 'old' pages!!
I used SmartFTP to go onto the site and deleted all the files, and then uploaded from PagePlus again, but same result. I tried saving the PagePlus to a folder and then using SmartFTP to upload that folder - but again the same, old pages are showing instead of updated ones.
Can anyone offer any explanations/ways round it etc??

Pesala 16:47 30 Apr 05

1. Check that you have cleared your browser's cache. You may be seeing old pages from the cache.

2. You shouldn't need to upload the entire site each time. Just the selected page(s). Have you used a folder name for your website? It is usually a good idea so that you can upload more than one website to your server space.

3. PP9 has an option to maintain the website: File, Publish Site, Maintain website. Doesn't PP8 have that option? It is easier than using a separate FTP program. It is well worth upgrading to PP9 if you are offered it for £9.95. (Even the free Page Plus SE from click here is better, but it lacks a web-publishing mode and PDF output)

4. Take a look at the cover disk for PC Advisor, April 2005, issue 117. If you have it, install Net Objects Fusion 7 and stop wasting your time with Page Plus, which is an excellent DTP program, but a poor website program.

spider9 17:27 30 Apr 05

Thanks for the advice, my problem seems to have cured itself, I did clear all my temp folders, but I think too much may have been going up/down - my fault entirely!
I will certainly look into an upgrade for Serif, Net Fusion, although musn't get too complicated just yet, one step at a time.
But thanks very much for your time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…