Clearing off old computer prior to sale

Haylyn 15:17 09 Jul 05

I am hoping to sell my old computer; windows 95; 16x cd rom drive, floppy drive.

What is the best way to clear off all personal items? I do have the windows 95 disc.

Taff36 15:22 09 Jul 05

Format the disk and reinstall Windows 95. The downside, maybe, is that you may want to leave other software on it and unless you have the disks for those you won`t be able to. I would suggest you might also have to get the updates for the windows 95 OS and apply those but they are still available from cetain sites on the internet.

barney1234568910 15:22 09 Jul 05

format the hard drive

Taff36 15:24 09 Jul 05

You would also need to reinstall all your hardware drivers so do you have disks for those too? If not run Belarc Advisor and then download the latest Win95 drivers from the manufacturers websites. Post here if you cant find any.

Taff36 15:25 09 Jul 05
  bremner 15:33 09 Jul 05

Just to point out that formatting will not delete the data.

If it is personal or sensitive and you would rather no one else possibly see it then you will need to 'wipe' the drive with a program such as BCWipe click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…