clearing internet history

Hi
Can anyone advise on a programme that can clear all the rubbish that apparently slows downs the computer after browsing the internet? A friend uses SecureClean which appears to work, I tried a free DVD demo version on my old XP computer and it appeared to recover a significant amount of space after deleting temporary files etc. I thought that I would give it a trial on my new Vista and it says that it is not compatible. Is this because the DVD has an older trial version? If so is the current download from the White Canyon site worth trying before buying?

Any suggestions gratefully received, however I am not very IT literate so I am looking for an ‘out of the box’ type solution. Is it even worth clearing the internet history?

Thanks

recap 11:10 03 Jun 08

Ccleaner click here

clock 11:16 03 Jun 08

recap just beat me to it! I was also going to recommend CCleaner! Also if you have Internet Explorer 7 you can click on Tools at the top, scroll down to Internet Options, on the General page choose Browsing History "Delete" and clear History, cookies, temporary internet files etc, from there.

Goof luck,

Clock

clock 11:18 03 Jun 08

Sorry Dumbangel! I meant Good Luck!

Clock

birdface 11:19 03 Jun 08

If using Internet Explore.Try IE7 Pro add on.Excellent little program.I have mine set to remove History.Cookies.And Temporary Internet file on shut down. click here

birdface 11:26 03 Jun 08

Oops misread what you meant.If you want to clean out the computer C Cleaner will do that.If only the small stuff IE7 pro would do,But C Cleaner more thorough. Both free.

Thanks for the replies, I will give it a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac