is clearing cmos easy to do

huh? 17:28 27 Mar 03

hi ya all i have a qdi pc which has a platinix 2 mobo in it i recently d/loaded the latest bios and it has been installed successfully or so i thought until i went on to click here and found out it was only reporting half the installed ram now platinix 2 mobo's are quite frankly an awkward piece of hardware that gets a lot of ribbing on the qdi forum part of the bios set up is to clear cmos as the old bios and the new bios get muddled up what i was wondering was will clearing cmos involve a lot of messing about because on boot up my pc shows the latest bios version (2.2) but on bios software programme it says v1- xx so i have been advised to clear cmos to see if this will cure the discepancies in the bios reports
look forward to hearing any comments

Legolas 17:32 27 Mar 03

Well normally clearing the BIOS involves either looking for the jumpers and moving them to the "clear BIOS" position or taking out the CMOS battery for a few seconds and then replacing it, the first option needs good light and a magnifiying glass helps:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…