Clearing the clipboard

guesswho2 12:47 22 Oct 07

I have inadvertently saved something to the clipboard when closing a Word document. Can someone advise if there's a way of deleting the contents of the clipboard.

brundle 12:48 22 Oct 07
  Taff™ 12:53 22 Oct 07

A simple reboot should do it I think.

Stuartli 12:54 22 Oct 07

Save something else to the Clipboard.

Taff™ 16:27 22 Oct 07

I`m pretty sure that the clipboard will store the last 24 items. Certainly in Office XP (2002)you can turn on clipboard viewer and see multiple paste options for your last few insertions. In Word press Ctrl Key + C key(twice)and you`ll see what I mean.

Technotiger 16:32 22 Oct 07

Thanks - Ctrl-Cx2 ... I have learned something new today :-)

VoG II 16:32 22 Oct 07

click here and scroll down to 'Clearing The Clipboard'.

guesswho2 16:49 22 Oct 07

The PC Advisor forum really is the most marvellous source of information! Yet again not only has my query been answered but lots of additional info is made available.
Many thanks to brundle for that website, to Taff - who had the simplest solution, to Stuartli- whose posts I regularly read, and VoG whom I recognise as a regular.
Thanks all of you.

guesswho2 16:51 22 Oct 07

Sorry forgot to mention Technotiger!

Stuartli 16:54 22 Oct 07

I use XP Pro and have a short cut to the Clipboard.

I did a cut and paste a few seconds ago (Pineman) and have just copied Technotiger - the latter is the only listing now.

The Clipboard's Help menu states:

"When you cut or copy information from a program, it is moved to the Clipboard and remains there until you clear the Clipboard or until you cut or copy another piece of information.

"The Clipboard window in ClipBook Viewer shows the contents of the Clipboard. You can paste the information from the Clipboard into any file as often as you like.

"However, the information is only stored on the Clipboard temporarily."

Stuartli 16:57 22 Oct 07

My original understanding of the Clipboard in XP onwards is that it had a higher capacity for large cut and paste operations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac