Clear popup repeated IE Security Warning

Grandad99 26 Jun 13

Since installing the latest Adobe Flash Player a couple of days ago I've been plagued by an IE Security Warning asking if I want to install Adobe Flash Player. It seems to be limited to certain websites and regardless of whether I delete it or reply "no" it bounces back several times in quick succession.

There are further options - "always install" , "never install" or "ask every time" If I select "Never" will this preclude any future updates that I might want?

How can I stop this particular popup? I'm using IE with XP.

Nontek 26 Jun 13

Why not just say Yes, to let it install, then that should be the end of it: at least until the next update.

Grandad99 27 Jun 13

I have installed from the popup - still getting the problem.

Nontek 27 Jun 13

Two things to try - first, if you have not already got it Download/Install/Run a scan in MalwareBytes just to rule out any possible nasties.

Second, if still not sorted do a System Restore back to before you installed the latest Adobe FP.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message